12 MONTHS – 23 MONTHS
Trusting relationships are at the core of high quality care for infants, toddlers, and two year old children. For this reason, at KTCC, children do not move from one group to another based on birthdays or any particular milestones. We maintain the child-family-teacher relationship by moving children from one classroom to another in mid-August with at least one of their Primary Teachers. The group of children with their Teacher(s) will move together, the group size will increase slightly and as a couple of new children join the group. We do this until children go to a preschool classroom, around the age when their focus tends to shift to interacting with peers. When children move to a preschool classroom, groups may not move to the same room.
- An outstanding ratios beginning with two full-time teachers and an aid with eight babies.
- Primary Teachers who form relationships with both parents and children that are rooted in trust.
- Continuity of care for infants, toddlers and two-year-old children, allowing for long-term child-teacher relationships.
- Individualized routines tailored to your child’s unique needs for rest, activity, nourishment and comfort.
- Ample floor and playground space to facilitate each child’s physical development.
- Clean, sanitized toys and equipment to help young children stay healthy.
- The use of basic “baby signs” to help infants learn to communicate their needs without frustration.
- A richly equipped environment to stimulate and engage your young child’s developing brain and body.
Having the same trusted Teacher(s) over a long period of time is important to supporting children’s optimal growth and development, particularly for infants, toddlers, and two-year-old children. Changing classrooms, friends, and Teachers takes a toll on both children and parents, as they have to build trust all over again. Continuity of care is important for Teachers and parents as well as for children. Trust in a Teacher builds over time as parents realize that the Teacher enjoys their child, has learned to read their child’s unique cues, and supports the special parent-child bond.
- Kiddie Time is licensed to care for infants, toddlers, preschool and school-age children, so you can bring all of your children to the same place.
- Kiddie Time offers transportation from center to surrounding Genesee County schools for children in grades K-5. (please call to obtain school transporation list)
To start the process of enrollment for your child, Contact Us now!